Hello Everyone,
This is my very first blog on this site, I've been putting it off for some time now not knowing what to say. However, I figure giving a little introduction about me wouldn't hurt.
My name is Hilary Finfrock. Some things you may already know is that I am married, I'm attending your school, and I may have an "awkward" personality. I say awkward personality, mainly because I'm crazy, weird, and speak my mind.
Things you may NOT know about me is my Christian testimony, my interests, what I do during my spare time (other than marriage), and my past.
Starting with my Christian testimony, I first received the Lord as my savior at the age of 8. My siblings and I attended Awana, Sparkies, and church every week. With our regular attendance of church, I grew up with the Lord, not fully understanding what it was I was learning. God just seemed like one big story to me, a fascinating story. Let's face it, I was 8. Stories about colorful coats, Easter, Christmas, and the lions den were fascinating fairy tales.
I remember one day though, I saw my brother, Stephen, walking out of the church with my parents, crying. My parents were crying, my brother was crying, and I was completely lost. I asked my dad, "Why is Stephen crying?" My dad responded "Stephen was saved today." Saved? Saved from WHAT?
Curios, I inquired my dad further on the subject of "saved" later that night. This brought me back to the stories about Easter and Christmas (among others relating with Jesus). My dad took me through the bible, explaining different events that I already was aware of, but didn't completely understand. My dad brought to light exactly what the importance of Jesus' birth, life, and death. Jesus was sent from God, born of a virgin, performed unimaginable miracles, and then died. All for what? So that I may come into this world and see Jesus and God as these majestic figures fit for my wild imagination? No. To save us.
That further led me to inquire, "Why did Jesus die to save us?" I later learned how we are all sinners. Our sins are brought to judgement before our greatest judge, God. Jesus was sent from God to die on the cross for OUR sins. Jesus took our punishment! How beautiful of a love is that? These aren't just stories, these are real events about our Lord that loves me and everyone around me. I knew right there that I wanted to be saved. I wanted what my parents had, and what Stephen had.
From then, I grew and matured with the Lord. However, like many, I have had my stumbles with my faith. Recently, a major event took my world and tipped it upside down. I was at a loss, not sure what to think or what to do. In greater detail, I was angry, and literally found myself hating God for what He "let" happen to me. I struggled with this for a couple of years, until a couple of months ago.
It's amazing how wonderful God truly is. Through everything, He continued to love me. Through everything, He never gave up on me. Through my mishaps and rebellious attitude towards Him, He never lost hope for me. Even now I feel ashamed for those wasted years I spent blaming what happened to me on Him. Our God is truly an awesome God. My faith renewed, I only hope to continue to do things that praise Him and glorify in Him. While I'm not perfect, and there are still faults and sinful natures within me that I struggle with to this very day, I only hope that His guiding light will continue to light my path.
Going on from such a powerful subject, I'll introduce you to my interests. I love art, and I hope one day I can make a career out of it by following my one dream. Animation. Oh yeah, I want to be making cartoons with my life. Crazy, fun, God loving cartoons. Another interest of mine is paintball. I love love LOVE paintball. Nothing gets my adrenaline going like a good run in the woods hoping upon all hopes you find your target before they find you. Running, ducking, diving, rolling, crawling, getting dirty, getting leaves stuck in your hair and down your clothes may seem pointless and unappealing. I tell you what though, when you find and hit your target, it sends the greatest feeling up and down your spine.
Nothing is more fun than seeing your opponent say "HIT! I SAID HIT!" and walk off the field with their hands in the air. Sinister, sadistic, but a rather victorious feeling none the less. After the game is said and done, there are stories to be told and welts to be trophied. Oh yeah, paintball rules.
Going into hobbies, I have to say art once again. However, another hobby of mine is writing. I love writing fictional stories. I usually write stories about love, about life, about struggles, even fantasy. I even throw them in all together sometimes. It's just a nice feeling to throw your ideas onto paper, and allow yourself to escape into your own world. I have many more hobbies that I can't think of this very moment though. Bare with me. I'm not completley boring.
This post is long enough though. I'll end it right here. Till then, count to three. Two is not enough, four is too many, and five is out of the question. Count to three and THROW.
You just read from The Holy Hand Grenade.
Peace out girlscouts!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Introduction About Me
Posted by Hi-Lary at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment